Founded by Irwin, a former MOE lecturer & tutor who studied in Oxford University, London School of Economics (LSE) & Raffles Institution (RI), Irwin’s Study is a unique tuition centre specializing in General Paper (GP) tuition classes. Contact us at 98-333-156 to find out more about our classes and timings!
Stuck for AQ? Need help to brainstorm for ideas for Paper 1? Not sure how to paraphrase accurately for Paper 2? General Paper (GP) is a broad and all-compassing subject and many students are often left baffled over how to prepare adequately for it. You may even ask: can one prepare for GP? Of course you can! At Irwin’s Study, we will equip...
We are delighted and encouraged that 86.3% of our JC2 students last year scored an ‘A’ or ‘B’ grade for the 2016 A-Level General Paper (GP) Exam!
Ever thankful that Irwin’s Study holds space for our students not only to explore the deep issues of life and society, but also to be equipped to score very well for the exams. =)
Sharing a few of our appreciative students’s whatsapp messages after they got their results:
Hot off the Press! Here are the GP Paper 1 Exam Questions for the GCE A-Level Exams this year. I will also be providing some of own thoughts, and insights in the following days. Stay tuned! =)
1. ‘Any adaptation of a novel for a film, television or the theatre is never as effective as the original.’ Discuss.
2. Assess the view that traditional buildings have no future in your society.
3. ‘Longer life expectancy creates more problems than benefits.’ Discuss.
4. Considering the money involved, should developing countries be allowed to host major sporting events?
5. ‘Human need, rather than profit, should always be the main concern of scientific research.’ Discuss.
6. ‘Countries experiencing conflict should be left to sort out their own problems.’ How far do you agree?
7. How far has modern technology made it unnecessary for individuals to possess mathematical skills?
8. ‘People who do the most worthwhile jobs rarely receive the best financial rewards.’ To what extent is this true of your society?
9. Evaluate the claim that equality of opportunity for females is a desirable, but unrealistic, goal.
10. Assess the view that most natural disasters are the result of human activity.
11. Is competition always desirable?
12. ‘Everyone has an opinion, but not everyone’s opinion is of equal value.’ What is your view?